Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jade's Furniture

This past summer I went to an estate sale with my friend Monica and just happened upon a furniture set that I just knew went in my daughter's room! Old pieces yes, but the lines were oh so pretty and I just couldn't resist. So I called up the hubby and asked him if I could buy them. After some negotiations I was given the green light and just went for it! It was a chest of drawers and an old vanity. As soon as my husband and his best friend brought the furniture home I tore into the vanity...almost forgetting to take a picture first, but I remembered at the last minute! I knew I wanted to take the vanity apart and make them into nightstands. Jade didn't have a need for a vanity nor did she have the space. We have a tiny little house and her room is pretty tiny too. This is what I had when I got started:

This was my happy little helper who decided helping was nailing about 200 nails into my stool.


Primed and painted with 2 coats of china moon white


After adding the stripe that I mixed the color for myself


Jade Reese when she saw it for the first time :) I love that little girl! She makes me smile.




Now onto the chest of drawers. Here is what it looked like before. I had to enlist my father because some of the drawer bottoms were slightly warped and we had to rebuild one altogether.




Painted and in place now, don't you just love the rustic hardware? 


Painters tape had to suffice...the knobs I wanted were on back order. I got them in teeny tiny numbers so it took a while before I could get a true finish picture.


At the same sale I also found a cute little stool. Her bed is iron and a bit tall so I thought it would make a super cute little foot stool for her to climb into her bed with. This is the little stool before:


And this is after



I think the duchess is pleased. Much more to come and one of these days I will show off the entire finished room!

No comments:

Post a Comment