Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sometimes Trials Make Things Better

The ever lovely Mandi had a chest of drawers that was a little tired and plain. She wanted it to fit her style a bit more and asked me for some help.  I wish I had a before picture of this piece, I'm blaming the fact that I had to get a new phone and was busy and forgot to sync my pictures before I switched everything over. My fault entirely…human error.


The first paint in all its streaky glory...


Sanded and repainted - oh so much better!

Eli thought he had worked tremendously hard at weaving in and out of the drawers like an obstacle course.

I think the piece turned out great. There were a couple of obstacles with it though. The first paint I used was not good and streaked like crazy. I had to sand the piece down for a long while to repair what the paint had done. The second paint went much faster and was a gorgeous finish and color. The piece went home and then some of the drawers got damaged so they were brought back and repainted again.




I painted the knobs black, they were previously silver.




That's just how things are sometimes though. You take the good with the bad, fix the bad, and make it good again. One of my favorite quotes ever:

 "Painting is a metaphor for control. Every choice is mine: the canvas, the color…art taught me that one's vision can be achieved by sheer force of will. The same is true of life, provided that one refuses to let anything stand in one's way." 
-Niklaus Mikaelson, The Vampire Diaries

Sometimes stuff just speaks to you. Even if it's from a TV show that you're slightly embarrassed you watch ;) Through trials, multiple coats of paint, and general busyness of life, I'm making my dreams come to fruition "by sheer force of will" and with the help of many blessings.

Many many thanks to all of my awesome clients as well. I couldn't do what I do without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment