Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Parade of Homes: Generational Dresser

We're on to the second room that I worked on for this Parade of Homes house. This room is where I really poured out my heart and soul! I can't wait for you all to see how much went into this very custom space.
I'm going to start with the furniture pieces,and first up is the dresser. When my client decided she wanted to use this piece we already knew that the house was going to have a much more modern look. This piece belonged to her husband when he was young, but it had a country feel to it.
It was distressed cream with pink and cream diamonds on the top, distressed down to black in a few places.
The base was a bit too curvy and we were wanting cleaner lines.
This is the only before picture I have. Lying on it's back before I took the curved piece off.


 I removed the piece from the base.


Then added in the flat stock across the base and wrapped it all the way to the back to create a much more crisp and substantial look. (In the background you can see a sneak peek of the pie safe I posted over the weekend for another special client.)


Then came about 4 coats of paint on the top and a couple more to cover the rest of the piece. The new knobs my client picked were then added and it was taken to the house.







Re-imagined, crisp, and clean! 
My personal favorite part is that there is no open space at the base any longer. As a mother I loathe when furniture has a space at the base where little things can collect. To me, the piece is much more functional now.
I cannot tell you enough to go and check out this home while the Parade of Homes is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment