Thursday, June 18, 2015

Parade of Homes: Nightstands

These sad little pieces were in my inventory. I had been planning to fix them up for my sale this summer, but when my client said she was looking for some nightstands I knew these would be perfect. It had already been in my plan to make them over in a similar fashion to what she was wanting. She came to look at them, loved them and bought them from me. 

Here is the before:

The bases were kind of sad and not in very good condition. I wanted a more clean and modern look for these so I removed the bases and replaced them with round mid-century legs.



Since this came to me as a broken vanity, there were large sections that needed to be filled, sanded, and painted.


Then came the hardware. I searched high and low for agate slice pulls that I thought went with the room. Everything I found was either too large, ridiculously priced, or had gold leaf on the edges and we weren't using brass or gold in this room. So I got my "crafty girl" on and did it myself! I ordered a set of slices in the right size from eBay, got some hardware stems, heavy duty clear glue, and silver leaf.

Before the silver leaf:


After the silver leaf:


I can't even explain how excited I was when everything was complete and put together! These little dated nightstands were now modern and cute!





So CUTE!!!! 
There are just a few days left of the Parade of Homes. So if you haven't made it out to Oakmont yet, hurry! This home is definitely worth seeing!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment